DU Boothill

A fellowship of unjustly "tombstoned" DemocraticUnderground members. We use this space to talk about our feelings in reaction to the experience of first joining in the wonderful DU community and then expelled with no warning, no reason given and no response to our pleas for reinstatement. We feel this constitutes Anti-Democracy by DU Admin.

JBIE &/or another TombStoned Friend on

Thursday, December 16, 2004

A Message from JamBoi-in-Exile

First published at jamboi.mydd.com on Thurs. Dec. 16th 2004

by JamBoi

Hey y'all,

Some incredibly bizarre turn of events today.

First thing I check my Inbox at DU am told that a fellow compatriot from DU has published a full out flame against me on his blog. I've been trying all day to figure out how to reach him and talk it through without avail. And THEN my login is disabled at DU. I've put in calls and e-mail to the leadership at DU to try to sort it all out. Aye Carumba! Well at least I can say I'm in good company with our President-in-exile Gore and President-elect-in-exile Kerry. :-)

To answer some questions I see posted at DU about me:

No, I'm not Madsen. Thank God, I think he must be dodging bullets left and right about now. I've got enough trouble of my own today. Secondly yes its true that I've been incredibly prolific on DU although probably at least 75% of the "posts" are just "ata boy" type encouraging comments. Yeah my fingers are fast, although nothing like some folks. Thirdly its true I've been on DU just intensely, day and night (with breaks for sleep ;-) ) since I discovered the wonderful world of DU and been expending every ounce of energy to try to participate in this '04 Election Fraud investigation campaign. So I should be penalized because I'm trying to make a difference??? Anyway I'm sure we'll get it straightened out and Y'all at DU and the whole DU community just rock so hard!

JamBoi

Edited to add:
PS:

* Reading that other blog it almost sounded like I'm vs BH. Not so I'm nuetral on the BH vs. DU issues, though I support the Election Fraud 04 investigation cause and greatly respect anyone who has contributed to the effort. Aside from personality conflicts I think BH has contributed hugely to our cause and hope that BH vs KO and BH vs DU intrigue will be resolved and we can all push together against election fraud.

* I know very little about LL. At a rally the other day one of his adherents approached me and gave me an LL rag, and I sat down and read it. Interesting. Crazy in places. Had some good points. Definitely inflated ego. I'm no LL fan.

* I've never even tried an illegal drug, thank you very much. Don't intend to start now. I'd appreciate it if people would be more responsible in their public postings.

* As I said, yes I've been very wound up about trying to make a difference in resolving what I've come to understand to be what I'll call SloMoCoup II. I'm just one person, but I've been very intense on this and expending every ounce of energy trying to do what I can. I'm not sure why my activity patterns should be such a source of speculation, and if I'm accomplishing a lot for the cause well then I'd think others would cheer me on instead of throwing bricks. No good deed shall go unpunished. :-)

* As I said above, I think you guys, including BfB (as mistaken as I think he currently is about me) all rock soooo hard. DU rocks!

Note to everyone, most especially IAR: No not at all, you haven't offended me. Even Skinner and BfB haven't offended me, I just want to be back in communion with you all! Love ya! SZH: Its true that I really flamed FD/BFN when he first came on. I looked into his work further and wrote several apology letters to him, that also continue to question the accuracy of a number of points re: FD/BFN's reporting on Madsen. I'm still trying to get a dialog going with him on it.

Open letter to Skinner,

Dear Skinner,

As I wrote in the letter to you and the other admins earlier today I really want to know what I have done to earn the title of "disrupter" that you have applied to me. I want to know about and change any behavior that you object to immediately. I want to be part of the fantastic community you have created and contribute postively. I sincerely and humbly ask you to have mercy on me and give me the benefit of the knowledge of what I have done wrong, and allow me back into your community. I totally respect the wonderful work you have done there and support DU in every way. Please allow me to be rehabilitated into your DU community.

Sincerely.

JamBoi

PS: I feel it was wrong of you to also tombstone Not_Without_A_Fight, for whatever sins I may have committed. She doesn't deserve that and I don't see anything that she did to be a "disrupter."

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks intelle,

I'm going to be tweeking it for awhile, so the look and feel may still drastically change. Hang onto your hat. Thanks for starting the yahoo group. You rock!

JamBoi

6:12 AM  
Anonymous said...

This comment and response first posted on jamboi.mydd.com (I'm moving all the important comments over here and deleting the original posts to refocus the mydd diary).

4democracy wrote:
What in the heck happened today at DU? (none / 0)

This is the first day in weeks that I haven't been on DU all day, and the first thing I see when I get on is you have been tombstoned. How can that be? Why are they trying to run people off,it seems to me, we need everybody we can get to help in this fight. I just don't understand, I hope it gets straightened out soon.

4democracy
by 4democracy on Thu Dec 16th, 2004 at 07:15:40 PM PST
[ Reply to This | ]

Re: What in the heck happened today at DU? (none / 0)

Wish I knew! I trust that cooler heads will prevail and it will all get straightened out. Lets focus on getting to the bottom of this election fraud scandal!

JamBoi
by JamBoi on Thu Dec 16th, 2004 at 07:36:12 PM PST

1:34 PM  
Anonymous said...

(Moved from jamboi.mydd.com)
You do not know me but... (none / 0)

My name is Pipes, I was member of DU until earlier today. I was following the "jamboi" story carefully throughout the day, and I asked skinner a question about what happened and after a few back and forth replies, nothing major...I was tomb stoned.

For no stanking reason. I had like 80 some posts but was an avid reader and they fuckin banned me- like BLAMMO- there you go. There will be nothing remotely close to discension on this website-I am skinner, I have spoken...

I mean if we are turning into the BFEE by way of how we treat each other, HOW IN THE FUCK CAN WE BEAT THEM?

Anyway my two cents...sorry that you were exiled. I guess they don't really care to reapir the system.

Funny thing is that I am just a lil guy in the grand scheme and I wanted to know what the hell happened to you because you always seemed to be constructive. But I see that the DU isn't as cool as I thought. I will be looking for a new home now!

Pipes
by pipes on Fri Dec 17th, 2004 at 05:39:11 PM PST

1:36 PM  
Anonymous said...

(This comment and my response first posted on jamboi.mydd.com)

The DU Brand of Censorship is Unacceptable (none / 0)

I too was recently ejected from DU -- without benefit of explanation. I find this DU practice ('tombstoning') exceptionally arbitrary with a tendency toward the paranoid.

One would assume that DU would support investigation of voter fraud. However, if the comment above (from deepthroat) accurately characterizes the reason for JamBoi's ejection -- it would seem that only certain avenues of investigation are allowed in their forum. I can assure you, my dear readers, that in the normal course of an investigator's work, many blind alleys are traveled in order to piece together the truth.

While on DU, I never once posted on the issue of Madsen. Far from being a disrupter, my last post titled 'Are we pivoting away from 'our cause' in trying to figure out Bev Harris?' wherein I simply wanted to encourage people to refocus on the issue at hand -- the voter fraud issue and the ongoing fight in Ohio -- rather than spending so many cycles trashing or guessing at Bev's motives was to my mind an uniting effort. Frankly, it is inconceivable to me that this would be unacceptable to the DU PTB (Powers That Be).

If there is a certain flavor of Democrat or certain caliber of thought that must be maintained by DU participants -- then that should be spelled out in the rules. I read the rules on 'disruptors', and while I do not see how any of my posts qualified, the description of a disruptor is far too vague to offer adequate guidance for one to self-censor well enough to avoid DU rejection.

This simply means that DU maintains the right to be arbitrary, unfair and censor-at-will. Funny, I would have predicted that the last stand, on freedom of speech rights, would be made by the liberals.

The fact that DU seems to want to play the 'Man Behind The Curtain' Game -- guiding discussions in certain directions and shutting down other discussions -- is well scary. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might draw some conclusions from this behavior. However, the mere the fact that DU does this as a practice should be quite clear to everyone.

For me, the DU brand of censorship and manipulation is unacceptable.

I have been a registered Democrat for more than 30 years. However, my short but educational experience with Democratic Underground, has made me very seriously consider re-registering as a Green.

Not_Without_A_Fight
by Not_Without_A_Fight on Sat Dec 18th, 2004 at 12:24:43 AM PST
[ Reply to This | ]

Re: The DU Brand of Censorship is Unacceptable (none / 0)

I agree with you (Not_Without_A_Fight). You put it well.

I've done a lot of administration of on-line forums so I know that it is a difficult position to be in and when flame wars start combating them is tough. Using enough force but not too much is a fine balance. I also can see that on-line services carefully watch their step in our litigous society and maybe the reason I and you haven't recieved any reply to our reinstatement requests is that they are afraid of some nut giving them a hard time if they didn't answer in just the way the person expected. Obviously once you've been booted its a safe guess that most people would be upset, and so its like they are assuming hostility.

They wouldn't recieve hostility if they would carry through with their stated policies and actually give folks warnings about things they find unacceptable and explain to them what the boundaries are so that you won't run afoul of them. sigh

JamBoi
by JamBoi on Sat Dec 18th, 2004 at 12:46:22 AM PST
[ Parent | Reply to This ]

Re: The DU Brand of Censorship is Unacceptable (none / 0)

Oh and if you want to become a Green, that's good by me! :-)

JamBoi
by JamBoi on Sat Dec 18th, 2004 at 12:48:27 AM PST
[ Parent | Reply to This ]

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home